Tuesday, January 25, 2011

The Wrong Victim

This post isn’t going to be a long one, since I have little words, and more emotion at this moment of time. Nor do I have the patience to transform the emotions into a meaningful string of words. I also apologize for my long hiatus. It is my 12th year in school and I have my boards. They’re something of a life changing thing. Nothing too heavy.

On the eve of my country's republic day, I have little feeling of patriotism in me, let alone to be proud of where I hail from. I come from India, not the land of snake charmers as my British friends would like to describe it, but the land where women are raped, and daughters are murdered. And in the end, the justice system which is looked up to by most democracies around the world, just closes the case, and the world is asked to move forward.

There is little new in what I am going to say, but I hope it has some effect. On the morning of 16th May, 2008, Aarushi Talwar was found brutally murdered in her bedroom. Before suspicion could turn to the domestic help Hemraj, his body too was found on the terrace. If you have been following the case, or have the slightest idea what all this is, you should have an uneasy feeling in your gut and a question tormenting your mind. Could the parents be involved? I don’t know about the mother, But Mr. Rajesh Talwar certainly seems to fit the bill. Right now, he’s probably enjoying a scotch at his crib.

On July 14th, 2008 a girl while returning from her coaching classes was forced into a car and gang-raped by 3 youths, one of  them Nirdosh Bhati, a neighbor  to the family of the girl. She was later dumped in a nearby area, unconscious. On lodging a complaint with the police, Mr. Bhati said the family of the girl was trying to extort money from him by making false claims. Excellent. Hey everyone, whoever wants a few quick bucks, just say your daughter got raped by your neighbor.

The trouble with India is that the wrong people are at the receiving end of crime. Nothing is going to come off by killing and raping no-bodies. So a message to all the serial rapists and murderers out there. Rape and murder daughters and sisters of MLAs, Judges, Police Chiefs and Ministers. Suddenly, a case will be solved.

The Dead Poet.

P.S. :  I got a message about a candle lighting to fight for Aarushi. 30th January, 3:00 pm. India Gate. I hope it happens.

9 comments:

  1. @Sruthi: Thanks! :).. It's been sooooo dead long since you commented!

    @ANonymous-person-who-seems-to-agree-with-me: Thankyou ma'am/sir !

    ReplyDelete
  2. *displeased and disagrees*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey ! Yamini here...Im off fb till the boards but did receive a mail that you tagged me.

    So true...The MLA's are probably drinking scotch too.Well written !

    ReplyDelete
  4. *hate it* especially the 2nd para!!...

    My land, regardless of watevr trash it homes, is much cleaner than the louzy 'new age invaders of democracy' or the colonial bitches!....get ur stats right.... rapes in india are much less in numbers n frequency as compared to the 'streets of niggas'

    sorry
    I beg to differ....

    ReplyDelete
  5. First things first, I have nothing against my country and am as patriotic as almost anyone else.

    This post does not damn the rate or the statistical side of rapes. It is about the justice system, and how insanely corrupted, backdated and lax it is. Rapes may well be lower in India, but so is the jail term. And arrests, for that matter.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, the fact that India has 'stuck' togthr as a country for more than 6 decades is something commendable. wat we can hope is for a better future!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Touched by its effective usage of high level thinking

    Bring him Back Dead 2 life, digitally
    www.6by3.in
    Indias Finest Memorial Website,

    ReplyDelete