Sunday, April 25, 2010

A Coffee Cup in Hand..

Hey there!

Just watched Made of Honor.. Sigh, beautiful movie.. Got mush on my mind. But anyway I’m not going to write about mush today! Or emotional intellect anyhow! (I guess it does have to do with the fact that I desperately don’t want you guys to think I’m gay.)


I am, however, going to write about me first love. Coffee. Sigh sigh sigh! Isn’t it just the most wonderful thing in the world?! It’s a legal drug for one.(No, i do not mean to say drugs are cool. Legal, or otherwise! And not exactly the kind that would make your stomach hurt if you’ve been off it for a long while! (Let’s ignore the fact that your head throbs instead)


[ Just look at those heavenly beans.. Sigh! :) ]

Actually, I kinda believe that my, ahem, addiction is hereditary. See, my mom would be in jail today, imprisoned for life for drug use, had coffee consumption been illegal! Thankfully it isn’t, so I still have mommy to cook me the yummiest chocolate puddings ever!



Ah, anyway, not drifting from the topic. A beautiful movie, an engrossing book or simply a great friend is the perfect topping for a coffee! And heck, you can just have some alone, to sit back and relate! A coffee cup in hand always boosts my brain activity. It gets my creative side out, let’s loose some hormones it really shouldn’t *winks* or just helps me through math! Genuinely speaking, coffee has the opposite effect on me.. Usually, coffee is consumed to get our sorry asses out of bed, and not in! Yeah okay, if I don’t get coffee in the morning, my day SUCKS! But no seriously, if I grab a cup at the end of a looo(..)oong and tiring day, it just helps me relax and let loose all the tension and the worry and the emotions and the woes I’ve held on to all day long, and helps me get a deep, satisfying good nights sleep!


Coffee is an amazing thing, and yet, there are some countries as dumb as the US, where coffee is only grown commercially by one state, and that’s Hawaii. I mean, how big is Hawaii anyway?! It

fits under my goddamn thumb! (on the map anyway) Pah, Americans. Why should they care. They get everything imported anyway. That’s right, feed off the worlds resources, and leave the largest carbon footprint EVER!


Ooh, drifting again. Sorry. I’m kinda over joyed and a tad bit high on caffeine right now!


So, how many of you out there like coffee? Hot or cold? Arabica or is it going to be Caribbean for you? 5% chicory or higher?! Leave back your views! I’ll be waiting! Write a poem if you love the fine brown texture! :D

And as always, if you have any woes, keep ‘em tucked away under the constantly yellowing teeth of a caffeine laden toothy smile.


Love,

Dead Poet.


P.S.

Coffee’s so cool,

It makes me drool.

A Texture so fine,

It makes me rhyme.

That heavenly brown,

Just about fixes my frown,

And so now you know it,

Coffee or nothing for the Dead Poet.

5 comments:

  1. Thanks! :)
    Well, here's a hint.. I wrote this out last night.. Certainly after "Just Friends" ended.. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. did you check out the others btw??

    ReplyDelete
  3. An Ode to Coffee. What can I say. So much love *wipes away tear from corner of eye* This might be the time to tell the world that I hate coffee. Or is it? :D

    ReplyDelete